We have created an elite team of Benefit Advisors to serve our United Healthcare Families of Children with Special Needs because we recognize that the health care system needs to be tailored to work for every individual and family to best serve their specific needs.
You’ll have the opportunity to deliver an extraordinary experience to families who need an ally; someone in their corner that is empowered to fast track resolving issues and serves as an ongoing resource to provide guidance and community resources during key transition times in each family’s journey. Some issues you will help families resolve include complex benefit, claims and billing issues, prior authorizations, appeals and more.
Through the contributions that you make, you will not only open doors for these families, but also for yourself in ways that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Provide holistic and compassionate support to families of children with special needs, owning end - to - end resolution of benefit issues
- Serves as an ongoing, single point of contact for special needs members, primarily via the phone (may also will use email, chat, text), delivering compassionate support, while creating and developing an ongoing positive and trusting relationships
- Provides end to end resolution of coordination of benefits, and medical & pharmacy claims, billing / appeals / prior authorization / etc. issues; striving to remove the burden from the consumer
- Supports members with medical, behavioral and pharmacy needs to include intervening with healthcare providers with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Educate and coach consumers not only on their benefit package to develop more self-sufficiency, but also other clinical, wellness and community resources they can use to help increase their family’s quality of life
- Provide resources and guidance to help members navigate key transition times in their dependents’ life, when benefits and resources typically change
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience helping, resolving, or advocating on behalf of consumers or customers
- Experience using a computer and Windows PC applications including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook (create, cop, edit, save, and send documents)
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between 7:00 am - 7:00 pm CST Monday through Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in a Social Science field
- 1+ years of experience working in healthcare
- Experience providing care for children with special needs
- Claims processing experience
- Experience within a delivery capacity (examples include, but are not limited to: social services, caregivers, hospitality, social work, sales, non-profit, sales, non-profit agencies)
- Bilingual with English and Spanish
- Strong keyboard experience, navigation skills, adeptness in learning new computer programs, the ability to type and talk at the same time and toggle between multiple screens
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.