PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Analyze, interpret, and administer employee benefit programs that meet our employee's healthcare and/or retirement needs and the financial goals for the company. Provide direct support to specific health & welfare or retirement program.
(Top 5 should cover 80% of the important job functions)
1. Administer a domestic or international benefit programs which include analysis of utilization reporting, trend evaluation, efficiency and effectiveness of electronic files. Initiate and oversee payroll interface and be the liaison between Inspire Brands, Inc. and benefit vendors. Process vendor files related to eligibility and coverage and ensure accurate General Ledger transactions are recorded. Maintain vendor and audit relationships to ensure accurate third-party data is maintained and timely interfaces produced.
2. Administer domestic 401(k) Retirement Plans or international retirement programs and process assigned benefit related payroll interface files to comply with established procedures related to payroll, internal and external auditors, and participants. Ensure payroll interfaces remain accurate and timely. Provide point of service for required federal agencies on benefit related matters.
3. Support Annual Enrollment and modification of benefit programs to remain in compliance with federal and state regulations. Analyze work flow trends include proper generation of notices, coverage set up, payment history and termination of coverage. Provide designated reporting on an accounting Period report on company paid benefit transactions to include company required accruals.
4. Process domestic state specific or international Medical, Personal, Military, and/or Family Medical Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability applications and associated paperwork, to include payroll coordination, after-tax deduction payment. Provide a point of contact for outsource vender or employees as needed. Analyze LOA trends and recommend policy changes to improve efficiencies. Review and recommend enhancements to department workflows to support increased administrative efficiencies and cost savings.
5. Respond quickly to all current and former employee questions or requests and provide excellent customer service for assigned area of responsibility.
(other important duties/responsibilities)
6. Work closely with Region Human Resources staff to ensure seamless administration of benefit programs.
7. Participate in the coordination of new hire enrollment for group benefits and educate employees about available benefits. Develop training materials to support processes related to benefit administration for use with HRIS.
Required Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Preferred: Concentration in Human Resources, Accounting, or Risk Management
Required Minimum: 5+ years prior work experience through direct employment in a human resource or benefit related customer service function.
Preferred: 3+ years professional benefit administration experience in a mid-sized company with domestic and international operations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
Significant working knowledge of group insurance, retirement plans, and benefits-related legislation/regulations including, but not limited to ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, EGTRRA, HIPAA, COBRA, and PPACA. Have advanced skills for Microsoft Word and Excel.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Authority to change a process procedure to increase efficiency, provide direction to outside vendors to obtain data, financial responsibility at corporate signature level for assigned programs. Represents Company with outside vendors for determining timeline and specific actions of project assignments.