BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Benefits Analyst will assist in the administration of Health, Dental, Life, wellness program and other benefit offerings. The Benefits Analyst will also work on benefits design projects, manage vendor relationships, assist in evaluating and implementing new vendors when appropriate and serve as a technical resource on benefit issues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manage the daily administration of various employee benefit and wellness plans including health and wellness, life, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HSA) and other benefits.
- Analyze and verify monthly benefit premiums for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and cost.
- Review and audit billing and benefit reports, reconcile benefit invoices and ensure bills are accurately paid on time.
- Assist with planning and managing all aspects of the Annual Benefits Enrollment process.
- Manage relationships with benefits consultants and vendors.
- Participate as a contributor in the development and design of new benefit plans and communicate these recommendations to management for review.
- Provide excellent customer service to Team Members through the timely and accurate resolution of routine and complex employee issues pertaining to company programs.
- Maintain Benefits information on the intranet by updating all relevant forms, policies, procedures, documents, and links to vendors.
- Develop and streamline processes to reduce manual intervention and maximize efficiency.
- Monitor and remain current with benefit trends, regulations, issues, and best practices in the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3-6 years of professional benefits experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of benefits terminology, plan design, claims resolution, and compliance
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.