BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Benefits Representative is responsible for administering a variety of transactions related to Human Resources information for all club locations and acts as a liaison with Club, DC, and Home Office representatives on related matters. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responds to questions from Club, DC, and HO Team Members on benefits, leaves of absence, qualified status changes, leave accruals, benefit payroll deductions, and more
- Resolves questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Participates in special projects, as requested, including annual Benefits Enrollment, new benefit rollouts, and other projects as they arise
- Executes Team Member benefit elections, subpoenas, employment/mortgage verifications, notices of terminations for unemployment purposes, disability/death claims, leave accrual allowance adjustments, distribution of personnel profiles, distribution of required documentation to Team Members (e.g., benefit statements, etc.), and other required tasks
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports to determine Team Member eligibility and executes changes to Team Member enrollment records
- Files and maintains benefit files, medical files, and all required personnel documentation for Home Office and exempt field staff (e.g., employment applications, I-9's, enrollment forms, training documents, performance documents, medical information, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all HR information
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years previous experience
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have superior organizational skills and attention to detail
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.