At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Wells Fargo’s employee benefit plans are designed to empower team members to invest in their overall well-being. The Retirement Services and Financial Health team is responsible for leading and developing a holistic approach to preparing team members for retirement and caring for their financial health. The Retirement Services and Financial Health team is also responsible for the day-to-day management of retirement and financial protection benefits for team members and retirees. This Benefits Consultant 4 position will:
• Lead the retiree healthcare strategy including execution of current roadmap, prioritization and ongoing reassessment
• Lead efforts to improve the pre-retiree and retiree experience
• Lead or participate in efforts to prepare team members for retirement and support their financial health
• Participate in the retiree and COBRA annual benefits enrollment project, which may include leading project workstreams
• Provide communications leadership on various projects, including partnering with HR Communications and other stakeholders to develop strategic communications, key content messages and finalization of communications
• Consult with internal partners and external vendors to strategize and develop recommendations for new and/or changes to current benefit programs
• Develop and implement ideas with a team member/participant centric focus to simplify benefits and processes
• Implement continuous process improvements to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of delivery and improvement of the member experience
• Actively lead or participate on cross-functional project teams and serve as subject matter expert in projects that affect benefits delivery
• Effectively partner with internal and external stakeholders, including HR Service Center, HR Systems, Compliance, Legal, HR Finance and benefit plan vendors
• Act as subject matter expert for plan interpretation for Wells Fargo service centers and 3rd party plan vendors
• Manage 3rd party relationships and participate in all required Wells Fargo Third Party Service Provider program requirements
• Represent Wells Fargo at benefit affinity groups or benefit coalitions
This position was posted in Charlotte, NC and Minneapolis, MN however; other locations may be considered.
- 6+ years of experience consulting in one or a combination of the following: benefits, human resources, accounting, or finance
- 6+ years of employee benefits experience
- Ability to manage vendor relationships for products or services including: contract negotiation, oversight, and SLA management
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Minimum of 6+ plus years in a corporate health and welfare benefits function, third-party health care vendor and/or health and welfare benefits consulting firm
- Experience with managing health & welfare benefits plans
- Experience with managing retiree health care benefits, including complex retiree health care benefits and subsidy administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of group health and welfare plans including, ERISA, HIPAA, Medicare and IRS Section 125 regulations
- CEBS Certification or HR/benefits certificate(s)
- Experience leading and executing highly visible member-centric health & welfare benefits projects with ability to lead or support manage multiple projects
- Experience with 401k, pension and financial health benefits
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.