BEVERAGE DEPARTMENT HEAD JOB DESCRIPTION (NON-EXEMPT)
The Beverage Department Head is responsible for driving sales in the Beverage Department, by providing excellent customer service while maintaining visual standards and in-stock position. Additionally, the Beverage Department Head is responsible for a variety of duties including cashiering, merchandising, stocking merchandise, and maintaining visual standards as directed by management.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BEVERAGE DEPARTMENT HEAD INCLUDE:
• Assisting customers utilizing World Market service standards as well as representing World Market brand.
• Stocking merchandise according to visual standards, schematics, visual direction, pricing standards, productivity and safety standards.
• Maintaining the stockroom and sales floor organization and standards.
• Procuring product and managing the beverage DSO open-to-buy (O-T-B) budget (as applicable).
• Adhering to all company loss prevention policies and procedures, and distressed merchandise procedures.
• Managing the Beverage Department inventory through the validation and execution of RF check in Procedures, Trailer Check-In (TCI) procedures, cycle counts, mis-picks/non-ships and all other store-controllable Inventory Control and Inventory Management functions.
• Housekeeping as identified within the Beverage Department, or as otherwise directed by management.
• Acting as a role model and leader in the store.
- 1+ Years experience in retail preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to initiate a conversation.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
‘WITH SERVICE LEADERSHIP’ ROLE
As a job position, ‘With Service Leadership’ role carries the responsibilities involved in approving register transactions. This person assumes responsibilities of register procedures and approvals as well as oversees the store for short periods of time in the absence of the General Manager or Supervisors.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ‘SERVICE LEADERSHIP’ DESIGNATION INCLUDES:
- Answering service calls requiring badge assistance at the registers.
- Assisting cashiers in providing service to customers at the front-end.
- Approving refunds, discounts, and other customer requests as outlined in store policies and procedures.
- Assuming the Front-End Manager role as designated by management. (This may include monitoring the daily break schedule, shopping cart retrieval, requesting additional cashiers, and service calls to ensure that all customers are being assisted as needed.)
- Assuming complete store responsibility in short absences of the General Manager or Supervisors.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.