We are currently in search of Part Time Seasonal Sales Support Staff to help our team achieve their goal of ensuring schools schedule and host successful events. These part time seasonal positions offer flexible schedules during the school year, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and holidays off.
Qualified candidate will be able to develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer our customers the best guidance on conducting their events. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Completion of all assigned tasks on time and with the quality standards as set by company policy.
- Reconfirm events through outbound calling campaigns.
- Update Book Fair Customer Connect database with new customer information, Fair date history, and revenues as necessary.
- Respond to all assigned customer inquiries and requests via email, fax, or phone dealing with questions, issues, and requests as they relate to business products and services.
- Assist both new and existing clients in resolving customer service issues and work closely with the all departments to facilitate resolution of escalated customer issues as needed.
- Proactively contact and manage workshop signups on a seasonal basis to achieve above average attendance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic math and computer skills with attention to detail.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word skills basic to intermediate skills
- Prior Customer Service or Customer Care experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Multi-task-oriented and flexible