DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications and solutions. You will partner with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex business systems that will optimize business outcomes.
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications
- Partner with other business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, data warehouse feeds, data aggregation & modeling, and visualization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Prior BI Tool expertise – e.g. QlikView (pronounced ClickView)
- Prior experience with data models, data aggregation, and data visualization
- Understanding of SDLC
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Working knowledge of open systems and/or .NET development.
- Ability to successfully interact with upper management
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you
Scheduled Weekly Hours40