Innovation. Adaptability. A passion for analytics and problem solving. If those traits brought you here, this opportunity can take you much further. Optum is serving the health care marketplace with the information tools and analytics solutions that will fuel change going forward. We are well past big data. In fact, we are using great data to uncover new solutions and novel marketplace opportunities. If you thrive on making an impact in an evolving market, we should be talking. Join the expanding family of UnitedHealth Group companies and help shape history. You’ll help us improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum is the foremost clinical intelligence group, providing private cloud-based business solutions to the health care industry. The environment is aggressive, fast paced and innovative. We are looking for smart, innovative individuals who will take ownership of their responsibilities, work collaboratively and always look for ways to add to the personal and professional growth of the company.
As a Big Data Clinical Analyst, you will be working primarily with the different phases of the data factory and implementing test scripts to ensure data quality. You will be responsible for identifying the areas that needs quality checks to be implemented, design tests from an analytical perspective and integrate it with the system to ensure reliability and prevent regression.
- Working in an agile environment responsible for implementing quality checks to ensure data quality from the data factory perspective
- Work closely with the Analysts and Data factory engineers to ensure ETL code correctness
- Understand the incoming data, identify locations of data elements of interest, and put together a test plan
- Analyze Client EMR/Claims Data and identify metrics to be evaluated to ensure quality
- Identify and implement big data validation with emerging technology for the data pipeline
- Contribute to evolution of company level software development best practices, standards, and policies
- Ability to work individually and within groups
- Bachelor’s degree, or work equivalent, in data sciences, health information systems, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- 3+ years of experience working with Clinical or Claims Data
- 2+ years of Healthcare data domain knowledge
- Experience or understanding of Big Data technologies like Hadoop
- Working knowledge of health information systems
- Experience in programming languages such as Python and R for statistical computing
- Clinical/Electronic Medical Records and Billing data knowledge
- Spark engine knowledge/experience
- Analytical thinking
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Big Data Scientist, Clinical Analyst, Clinical, Claims Data, Claims, Boston, Massachusetts, Austin, TX, Texas