Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap? At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We've spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We've developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we've created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture.
The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to teach and mentor his or her peers. This individual has the ability to advise clients and to work as a key member of the delivery team. The role will require deep, hands-on technical skills in designing, developing and implementing large-scale Big Data solutions on Azure and on premise.
- Provide strategic and architectural direction to address unique business problems
- Provide system design and models (e.g. domain-driven design, data modeling, and REST API design) to the development teams as well as presenting to Architectural Committees
- Develop knowledge base articles
- Work with business groups to understand requirements, workflows and system trade-offs
- Assist development teams in migrating applications into Azure
- Provide a feedback loop to development
- Work with internal business partners and technical analysts to understand business problems and requirements to design and build solutions
- Document solution architecture using current tools and methodologies (typically derivations of UML diagrams in Visio)
- Present solution architecture, models, diagrams to development teams, architecture review board, and technical leadership
- Mentor dev teams on tools and technologies, patterns etc.
- Technically-focused degree in computer science, engineering, math, etc., or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementation
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem - Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Scala, Python or R
- 1+ years of experience in cloud environment consulting services, including such areas as system design and architecture, hardware and software evaluations, systems management, and systems migration and implementation methods
- Experience with at least one set of deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Chef, etc
- 2+ years of experience with data warehousing tools (Netezza, SQL Data Warehouse)
- 1+ years’ experience in understanding of ETL, data engineering life cycle development and system design life-cycle
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Healthcare Industry experience, preferably using standards such as X12, HL7, FHIR, etc
- Experience with large product integrations and performance enhancements
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data (multi-terabyte to petabyte range)
- Familiarity with common networking and security standards (e.g., CIDR, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
- A strong understanding of data analytics and visualization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience with enterprise application architecture and enterprise integration patterns
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Big Data architect, solution architecture, data warehousing, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, Jenkins, Chef, data warehousing tools, Netezza, SQL Data Warehouse, Cloud, Azure, AWS, Scala, Python, R, ETL, data engineering, Agile, Optum, Franklin, TN, Tennessee