Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service to walk-in members.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from walk-in members regarding benefits, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Acts as a customer advocate in providing assistance to resolve members’ issues and problems.
- Follow-up calls to members with resolution to identified issues in timely manner.
- Resolves inquiries related to authorizations, claims, enrollment, and billing.
- Provides service requests to other departments as needed.
- Fulfills material requests for members.
- Maintains accurate member data, including addresses, phone numbers, and PCP changes.
- Inputs data in system for record tracking and issue resolution.
- Documents all issues in system in a timely manner.
- Proactively educates members on cover benefits, plan exclusions, and procedures to enhance total customer service experience.
- Promote various store events and seminars to customers.
- Assists members to apply for various government assistance programs.
- Performs accountabilities in accordance with established organizational metrics.
- Identifies trends and continuously makes recommendations to improve processes.
- Reports issues or problems with members, systems and processes to manager.
- Assists and involves in member retention projects.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Meet established performance standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain productive working relationship with others and contribute as an effective team member.
- Perform Insides sales function to increase new business.
- Service walk-in prospects interested in Medicare and individual products.
- Explain plan benefits and assist prospects to choose the most appropriate plan according to their needs.
- Provide information on various plan designs and send out benefit package and sales materials.
- Coordinate with Sales Rep. on prospect follow-up.
- Input sales activities and results on sales tracking system.
- Collect and review enrollment application to ensure completeness.
- Coordinate with Sales Administrative Assistant and Enrollment Dept. to ensure smooth enrollment process.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to attend occasional Health Fairs and Community Events
- Ability to commute to work at other retail locations as needed
- Ability to obtain State Accident & Health Insurance Licenses for NY within 60 days of employment
- Bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Bilingual in Vietnamese and English
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Prior health and / or general insurance sales experience
- NY Health License
- Experience in a position requiring excellent communication and analytical skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese), Service Specialist, New York City, Health Insurance, Community Events