Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life's best work. As a Community Health Worker, you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Locate members who need guidance
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct HRA assessments if needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of outbound patient / member outreach experience, both telephonic and field-based / in-person
- 3+ years of experience working within the community Health setting in a Healthcare role
- Experience and familiarity with the community organizations / resources available within the community or counties specified
- Experience with both telephonic and in-person, proactive patient outreach
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook) and be able to utilize its applications in a professional setting, sending emails, managing calendar, sorting, filter, working in templates
- Must reside in Hillsborough County, FL
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (local)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare populations in your local area
- Experience working in Managed Care
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Tampa, FL , community health worker, phone support, healthcare, UnitedHealth Group