It's that time, isn't it? You're ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there's never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealth Group. We're driving even higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your knowledge of insurance claims and customer service to help create strong relationships with the providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
The Provider Service Representative is responsible for assisting in the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UnitedHealth Group, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, ease of use of physician portal and future service enhancements, and training & development of external provider education programs. Provider Service Representatives assist in the design and implementation programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, hospital, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Other responsibilities include supporting those who direct and implement strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network, identify gaps in network composition and services to assist the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs, and may also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims.
- Apply knowledge/skills to activities that often vary from day to day.
- Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function.
- Require little assistance with standard and non-standard requests.
- Solve routine problems on own.
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Work with others as part of a team.
- Looking for a team player, who has a positive attitude and is willing to learn and take additional responsibility.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- 1+ years of Managed Care or Medical Insurance experience.
- 1+ years experience in a Claims, Customer Service or Provider Support role.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel (ability to create, edit and save)
- Associates Degree or higher
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Bilingual, Provider, Representative, Miami, FL