The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a Bilingual Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader. This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast-paced, high-volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner. Primary Responsibilities:
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proficiency with a computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift anytime during the hours of operation: Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., PST. This schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Current, valid and unrestricted Nevada Pharmacy Technician License or Pharmacy Technician trainee license
- 2 + years of experience working in a high-volume retail pharmacy environment
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy