Billing Administration Representatives are responsible for ongoing account maintenance, data entry of enrollment applications, review and reconciliation of premium billing invoices and provide superior customer service to internal / external clients.
- Interact with customers through telephone, email, in person contact gathering support data to ensure invoice and enrollment accuracy
- Research and resolve enrollment, eligibility and billing discrepancies on premium invoices
- Educate customers on payment options, billing information, payment addresses, invoice due dates and clarify information contained on premium invoices and electronic services
- Reconcile discrepancies identified within customer invoices or eligibility files and ensure timely resolution
- Analyze reports against existing billing data and make appropriate changes to ensure billing accuracy
- Monitor customer account balances through researching, generating data queries and creating reports such as member audits and bills issued vs. bills paid reports
- Contact external customers regarding outstanding balances and / or unresolved discrepancies; arrange payments or resolution to reduce aging
- Coordinate with internal partners to validate and process rates and contract information to ensure they are updated accurately
- Utilize multiple reports to research, resolve, and ensure the accuracy of enrollment eligibility
- Analyze reports against existing billing / commission data and make appropriate changes to ensure accurate statement information
- Accounts payable (A / P) and Accounts Receivable (A / R)
- Ability to remain focused and productive with changing priorities and repetitive tasks
High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
1+ year of experience in customer service environment
1+ year of experience in account reconciliation
1+ year of 10 key and data entry experience
Experience with Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets sort and filter data), Microsoft Word (ability to create documents use spell check functions), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to create and send email, check email, use calendar functions)
Accounting or Bookkeeping experience and / or Degree in Accounting
1+ year of experience in a health insurance environment
Siebel, Facets, Microsoft Office including Access (ability to pull reports) software experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, United HealthGroup, LasVegas, NV, Billing Administration Representative, Billing Specialist, Billing Admin., account reconciliation, Accounting, bookkeeping