FirstGroup America, the leading transportation outsource provider in North America, is seeking a dynamic and talented Billing Analyst to join our finance / accounting team at our regional facility in Naperville, IL.
The professional in this role will prepare monthly customer billing templates, as well as perform moderately complex general ledger and reconciliation activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepares monthly customer billing templates in conjunction with data provided by location personnel.
- Communication with location personnel to ensure accuracy of monthly customer billings.
- Review customer contracts, specifically language relative to revenue generation, to gain a full understanding of all billable services.
- Ensure master billing templates are in accordance with customer contracted routes, rates and other billable items, contain correct formulas and are password protected to restrict changes to such.
- Maintain storage of master billing templates, annual customer rate sheets and calendars.
- Maintain storage of monthly completed/final billing templates.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of actual monthly invoicing to final billing templates.
- Assist RFD/RFM with monthly revenue variance reconciliations upon request.
- Annually cross-audit billing templates and invoices prepared by others.
- Assist with management of the A/R Aging, including invoicing corrections such as Debit Memos, Credit Memos and Voids.
- May assist with training and mentoring other Billing Analysts.
- Other duties upon request.
Qualified professionals will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of related experience, particularly with service contracts.
- Knowledge of school bus transportation, or other transportation services, preferred.
- Experience with MS Office products, with advanced Excel required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience with JDE accounting software a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and organize work assignments, styles, and relationships with several managers
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.