isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding
replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints.
Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to
adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these
exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
In a environment where the client / patient is the center of everything we do, individuals in this position are primarily responsible for the data entry of information as it is related to patient, client, and 3rd part insurance carrier transactions.
- Data Entry of all required billing information that appears on requisitions and laboratory reports
- Entry of demographic and billing information in multiple hospital and laboratory interfaces
- Understanding of Laboratory Pathology reports
- Understanding of requests for services on a laboratory requisition
- Ability to meet quality and production standards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detailed oriented
- Maintain Compliance with HIPPA regulations at all times
- Ability to key a minimum of 8000 alpha - numeric keystrokes per hour with minimal errors
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and navigation, mouse and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work 7:00 am - 3:30 pm or 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 1+ years of healthcare experience with data entry / billing / registration background
- General understanding of CPT and ICD9 / ICD10 codes
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, data entry, ICD9, ICD10, healthcare, registration