All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we'll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. Also, you'll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities. Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A/R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Manage Customer’s account which includes monitoring and collecting monthly premiums, member reconciliation and aging analysis.
- Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete requests on billing accounts receivables
- Quality assurance and audit of billing activities
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Act as SME (subject matter expert) for projects when assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional environment with defined measurements and goals
- 1+ years of Accounts Receivable and/or Billing experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience solving customer problems
Ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook to create, edit, copy, send, and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets
- Ability to navigate all aspects of computer issues and access requests
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand the healthcare industry
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing professional
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, billing, collections, AR, accounts receivable, eligibility, enrollment