All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we’ll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Communicate effectively with patients over the phone to trouble shoot or analyze patients account
- Apply in depth knowledge of industry standard billing rules to investigate and resolve problems related to outstanding insurance and patient accounts.
- Perform daily billing audit to ensure complete and accurate billing information
- Provide specific reporting metrics on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the billing function
- Identify root cause of claim exceptions - resolve - and / or escalate issues and make recommendations for business action as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution
- Be flexible and work effectively in a team setting to participate in ongoing process improvement projects
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. Also, you’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of Medical Billing Experience with exposure to charge entry, posting, claims processing and collections
- 3+ years of Customer Service Experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of Experience with Excel (charts, graphs, basic formulas, import / export data and pivot tables) and Word (create documents)
- Ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to multi - task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a changing work environment
- Able to work a 40 hour schedule within the operating hours of the site
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Associate's Degree or higher in Business or Accounting.
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Billing Representative, Irvine, CA, California, Healthcare, Managed Care, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing