Welcome to one of the toughest and most
fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools,
most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless
opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
In an environment where the patient is at the center of everything that we do the individuals in this position typically works with Billing Representatives and other employees handling complex billing issues for the purpose of collecting revenue for the organization. Will work with Patient, Client and/or Third Party insurance bills.
- Able to perform all duties required of a Billing Representative
- Provide training for new and/or existing team members on reports, SOPs and carrier information as required.
- Track and trend daily production and quality performance on new hires.
- Proactively identify QC issues for new hires. Develop and implement action plans for improvement in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Interpret and communicate procedural and billing guidelines to the department.
- Maintain and update departmental business rules and SOPs.
- Compile and prepare specialized reports for distribution to management and reps.
- Coordinate with IT departments on billing departmental initiatives.
- May be a certified Medical Coder or involved with medical coding.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years experience in Patient, Client or Third Party insurance billing, experience in multiple operational areas or QA / QC preferred in MS applications, with specific proficiency in Excel (Creating spreadsheets, working with formulas)
- Ability to work overtime as needed based on department needs.
- Ability to clearly convey procedural information, issues and requirements
- Proven ability to provide coaching and training in a collaborative manner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:Billing, third party billing, patient billing, customer service