- Able to perform all duties required of a Billing Representative
- Provide training for new and/or existing team members on reports, SOPs and carrier information as required.
- Track and trend daily production and quality performance on new hires.
- Proactively identify QC issues for new hires. Develop and implement action plans for improvement in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Interpret and communicate procedural and billing guidelines to the department.
- Maintain and update departmental business rules and SOPs.
- Compile and prepare specialized reports for distribution to management and reps.
- Coordinate with IT departments on billing departmental initiatives.
- May be a certified Medical Coder or involved with medical coding.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years experience in Patient, Client or Third Party insurance billing, experience in multiple operational areas or QA / QC preferred in MS applications, with specific proficiency in Excel (Creating spreadsheets, working with formulas)
- Ability to work overtime as needed based on department needs.
- Ability to clearly convey procedural information, issues and requirements
- Proven ability to provide coaching and training in a collaborative manner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:Billing, third party billing, patient billing, customer service