Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we’ll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. Also, you’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
- Interact with customers to gather support data to ensure invoice accuracy and work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications: Word (create and edit document), Excel (create, edit, and sort data in spreadsheets)
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift Monday-Friday between the hours of 6:00am-4:30pm
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Previous experience in billing or collections
- Ability to multi-task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Billing Representative, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing