Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Northeast Collections is responsible for all accounts receivable, cash flow, billing and eligibility internal / external questions, and customer service on the Oxford platform totaling approximately $600 million in revenue per month. These functions include fielding inbound calls, making outbound calls to our customers and brokers ensuring strong cash flow and superior Days Sales Outstanding results.
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities.
Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a Government Service Contract Act (SCA) Agreement.
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of working with Microsoft Excel (analyzing data on spreadsheets and using Microsoft Excel formulas (sum, SUMIF))
- 1+ years of work experience communicating with internal and external customers via phone or face to face
- 1+ years of experience in a billing, accounts receivable or collections environment
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
- Experience navigating Microsoft Access Database
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel (creating pivot tables, using or creating Macros and / or using VLOOKUP)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Billing, Representative, Shelton, CT