All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we'll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality
experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy,
communications style and effectiveness. Also, you'll need to be researching and
resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume,
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities. Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Interact with customers to gather support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding
balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
- Moderate work
experience within own function.
Some work is completed without established procedures.
Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent 1+ years of working experience
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Able to work a 40 hour schedule within the operating hours of the site
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Previous experience in billing or collections
- Ability to multi-task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing, Representative, Customer Service, Wausau, WI