If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Billing Specialist within Optum is on the Centralized Billing Department working on Contract based billing. Responsibilities range from reading and setting up contracts with in PeopleSoft ERP, through execution of billing and working with customers and project managers to ensure that invoicing is accurate.
- Review and set up of Contracts within our ERP
- Set up accounting / GL lines in ERP
- Review, analyze and validate billing data
- Generate and validate Invoices
- Work with Project Managers / operations / finance to ensure accuracy
- Work with Cash Applications / accounting
- Problem solving
- Associate’s degree
- 3+ years of progression experience in billing, finance or accounting
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel and Word
- Based in Eden Prairie, MN
- PeopleSoft experience
- Billing experience and in particular contract billing
- Experience successfully managing multiple requests, assessing priorities and achieving solutions under deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.