This role will involve supervising remote employees.
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities.
Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience as a team lead, coach, mentor or supervisor
- 1+ years of work experience in Healthcare or Revenue Cycle management / Billing / Accounts Receivable
- 1+ years of working in Microsoft Excel functions such as v - look ups, pivot tables, filtering, sorting and analyzing data on reports
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8 hours 7:00 am to 3:30 pm plus a 3 hour shift on a weekend every 6 weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Experience with SQL
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: coach, supervisor, team lead, a / r, billing, accounts receivables