Department:OH1HS_80510_000 Creative Services
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Bindery Technician assists with finishing services including: inventory management, fulfillment, shipment of materials, collating, stapling, drilling, padding, binding, folding, laminating, cutting and operation of digital presses as needed.
- Responsible to review daily job list and prioritizes work flow to assure job requirements are met and completed on time.
- Runs cutter, 5-hole drill, collator, folder and comb binder and padding equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and contacts vendors for maintenance assistance.
- Packages completed work for delivery.
- Receives paper and supplies.
- Serve as back-up operator for digital printing presses.
- Maintains shop in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provides equipment training for staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by production supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma, vocational program completion
- Experience: Experience: Minimum one-three years production or retail experience involving inventory management, fulfillment or general bindery operations.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Extensive knowledge of print shop equipment.
- Must have knowledge of various types of paper, weight, size and paper to be used.
- Exhibits self-motivating qualities and evidence of ability to learn on the job.
- Must be able to distinguish and identify supplies listed for each machine used.
- Must to able to communicate with clients, vendors and co-workers regarding job specs, timelines and problem solving.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.