This position provides bookkeeping services to Block Advisor small business clients including assisting with client onboarding, accurate and timely recording of financial transactions, financial statement generation and other miscellaneous bookkeeping services as needed. In addition, this position will partner with Tax Advisors to deploy an effective two-way referral method to assist in the overall development of the business services client base serviced by Block Advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts, etc.
- Post financial transaction details to subsidiary books and general ledger.
- Reconcile and balance accounts.
- Generate and analyze financial statements (Profit and loss statement (income statement), statement of financial position (balance sheet), equity statement (statement of owner’s equity), and statement of cash flows).
- Prepare and facilitate the processing of client payroll.
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements
- Calculate and prepare tax payments. Generate 1099’s and W-2’s for clients.
- Partner with Tax Advisors by providing relevant bookkeeping and payroll information in order for the Tax Advisor to complete an accurate tax return
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records.
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors and banking contacts.
- Assure confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Assist in the generation of Block Advisor growth opportunities and increase retention through referrals and partnerships.
- Participate in potential new client net-working events to help educate and answer questions about small business services.
- Consult with potential small business clients, respond to client questions and provide business services price quotes
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices, generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- National Bookkeeper and Payroll certifications from the National Bookkeeping Association or ability to successfully obtain certifications.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Open Office
- Ability to multi-task in multiple window applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to complete assigned projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to correctly interpret and apply complex instructions, policies and regulations.
- Ability to treat confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Two years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting concepts.
- Experience with Xero accounting software.
- Xero Certified