Responsible for leading and executing Block Advisors year-round tax office initiatives to deliver an experience for clients that meets/exceeds their expectations. Accountable for directing tax planning needs that add value, retains clients, and drives referrals to the Block Advisors Tax offices. Develops and implements plans to accelerate new client growth through local marketing initiatives. Embraces and directs the tax preparation business through the implementation of company policies, procedures, vision and mission. As a proven self starter with entrepreneur attributes, develops strategies to increase client retention and satisfaction for offices in the assigned geographic area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively engages and leads offices in assigned -district in a manner which attracts and retains clients, grows new business, and achieves overall business results. Travel to assigned offices, with frequent remote interactions, to ensure consistent application and interpretation of company policies/procedures is required.
- Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate is focused on easing the client’s tax-related stress by providing a welcoming and personalized service. Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change. Promote the - Block Advisors brand within community, to clients, and to associates.
- Implement business plan and identify district growth opportunities. Exceed business results and rapidly gain market share by implementing a district-level market plan. Hold Office Managers and associates accountable for business growth at office and individual levels. Utilize business data to make decisions to drive business results.
- Recruit, interview, and hire tax office associates. Support Office Managers in hiring of office-level associates.
- Coach and elevate performance of associates through goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback. Support Office Managers in end-to-end performance management of office-level associates.
- Providing associate development opportunities, building a culture of recognition and focusing on associate retention, resulting in a high-performing, energized, and collaborative district team.
- Attend and represent Block Advisors in various district events for associates in seasonal and non-seasonal positions. Motivate associates to understand and apply the Company’s vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field/an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to eight years of business experience, including strategic development, budgeting and people management.
- Passionate and enthusiastic leader with a track record of achieving results.
- Proven track record of driving results through people, including a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques, goal development, staffing and work standards. Remote leadership experience is a must.
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Proven success to increase profitability and to develop, analyze and manage budgets
- Effective math and analytical skills
- Experience in a retail or similar work environment is required
- Demonstrated successful short-term and long-range planning skills
- Understanding of the dynamics of franchise /company and corporate environment
- A minimum of four years’ supervising a workforce containing varied skill sets