Block Advisors Tax Advisor Assistant
The Tax Advisor Assistant position supports an assigned Tax Advisor while learning the complexities of the tax business and developing skills to successfully serve the needs of our clients. In this capacity the individual will perform a variety of duties to assist in the delivery of timely, accurate, and a consultative client experience.
Block Advisors Tax Assistant duties include:
- Serve as a liaison between clients and senior staff in gathering tax documentation and other information to complete the tax engagement for the Tax Advisor.
- Handle various aspects of the tax return preparation engagement including entry of client information, W-2s, 1099 and other basic forms.
- Leverage internal resources to research tax issues; effectively use all Block Advisors programs.
- Review completed tax return with Tax Advisor; finalize and assemble tax returns.
- Remain current with company policies and procedures.
- Attend all required training for the position. Develop a high level of knowledge in order to progress to tax advisory position.
- Assist office manager/office associates with additional duties as assigned.