Body & Paint Technician - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Servicing RTD – Commerce City
Join First Transit as a Body and Paint Technician and perform painting and body repair work on vehicles, as well as maintain and repair bus seating, flooring, windows, mirrors, and other glass.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $5,000 Hiring Bonus! (Conditions apply)
- Competitive wages - $20.63-$26.65 based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE certifications bonuses & company-paid testing
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits packages
- Cutting edge maintenance manuals and work order systems through the use of iPads
- A great work environment!
Body and Paint Technician major responsibilities:
- Independently performs painting and body repair work on vehicles at a highly specialized, skilled level; estimates extent of damage and repair costs;
- Maintains and repairs flooring;
- Keeps records of repair work, time, and materials as directed.
- Performs highly detailed inspections of body damage;
- Estimates the extent of body damage and repair costs;
- Paints vehicle surfaces and parts with a variety of paints;
- Fits and replaces panels; repairs body dents and scratches;
- Welds with gas and arc equipment;
- Fabricates new seat covering and repairs and replaces damaged seats, including belts and other seat attachments;
- Operates upholstery sewing machines;
- Replaces damaged windows, mirrors, and other glass; maintains and repairs flooring;
- Maintains clean tools and work area;
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary to complete the tasks assigned;
- Provides recommendations for tools and supplies that need to be ordered for repairs;
- May provide emergency road service and conduct road tests;
- Performs other work as assigned or required.
Body and Paint Technician job requirements:
- Technical training preferred (Collision Repair and Refinishing or related)
- Ability to accurately diagnose and repair a variety of body and interior damage without guidance
- Knowledge of body repair methods
- Skill in the use of the following equipment: welding; painting; sanding; buffing; upholstery sewing
- Must possess a set of tools to complete repairs (a list of tools will be provided upon request)
- Ability to read, understand, and safely follow manuals
- Ability to pass and maintain two Collision Repair and Refinish (B2-B5) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain CDL B
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.