Maintenance of Boiler facilities, equipment and operations.Responsibilities
- Handle work orders and preventive maintenance schedule for all Xanterra South Rim boiler operations.
- Maintain boilers to operate at the highest efficiency level and reduced energy costs.
- Conduct regularly scheduled inspections of boiler facilities and equipment.
- Complete work orders and preventive maintenance in a timely, thorough and cost efficient manner.
- Notify proper manager(s) when boiler(s) may be down, which may cause a disruption in guest service, facilities and/or convenience.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and sustainability policies as they concern boiler maintenance operations.
- Wear required personal protective equipment during the course of performing tasks.
- Order necessary parts for repairs maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Provide training and development to lower level Boiler Technician grades.
- Be available for after hour call-out duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years boiler technician or boiler maintenance experience at the commercial/industrial level.
- Ability to conduct daily inspections and safety checks of all boiler operations for proper pressure, temperature and possible malfunctions.
- Knowledge of all electrical equipment and components common to high, and low- pressure boilers, oil and gas fired furnaces, and gas appliances.
- Knowledge of all related test equipment to maintain the equipment at the highest efficiency level and reduce energy costs.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot boiler and furnace control devices.
- Ability to perform internal cleaning and inspections of both water and fire sides of boilers, which includes chemical treatment, acidizing of water side and soot removal of fire side. Upon approval of state inspector, properly reseal and return boilers to working condition.
- Ability to remake refractory repairs, roll boiler tubes, change nozzles and filters, clean and adjust electrodes, clean and replace photo cells, and replace oil filters.
- Knowledge of boiler plumbing, cutting and threading pipe, fittings and installation of all pumps and valves.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License within 90 days of start date and comply with the company Driver Safety Program. Possess physical ability to perform tasks, including entering confines space, ascending/descending ladders and lifting.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.