** IDEAL POSITION FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY AND LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA INCOME **
This is an on-call position, where you will be given assignments to work with a school looking for a Book Fair Cashier to help check-out students and parents. When on assignment, you will work Monday thru Friday, typically between hours of 8AM and 4PM, with occasional after school event, working 5PM to 8PM.
PAY = $10.00 HOUR. We also cover your travel time from home to schools, and mileage reimbursement.
FORMER BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEER OR CHAIRPERSON EXPERIENCE A PLUS!
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Part Time Seasonal Cashiers to help our schools setup and conduct their fairs. These part time seasonal positions offer flexible schedules during the school year, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and holidays off.
Qualified candidate will be able to operate cash registers at Book Fairs: scan products, receive payment, and ensure proper accounting of cash drawer. Ensure that fair product is organized, displayed and merchandised according to schematic and restocked as necessary. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Requirements of the position include but are not limited to:
- Operate cash register/calculator and maintain accurate financial records in the collection of Book Fair receipts.
- Follow proper procedures in the use of coupons, discount programs, special offers, etc offered by sales staff or Book Fair chairperson, where applicable.
- Assist Book Fair Chairperson in submitting daily re-orders to warehouse.
- Attend school evening events to accommodate open houses.
- Prepare and deliver daily cash report, along with revenue report, to chairperson at end of day.
- Assist chairperson in final day preparation of financial report.
- Refer returned purchase or exchanges to Book Fair chairperson.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Applied knowledge of standard office equipment i.e. typewriter, fax machine, copier, printer, calculator including adding machine/cash register.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence.
- Comfortable with numbers and simple math: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to get along with co-workers and work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work overtime when required, and up to one or two evenings a week.
- Ability to organize, prioritize workflow and meet deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.