2. Identify, communicate and respond to opportunities to impact sales and customer satisfaction with each customer.
3. Develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer each customer the best guidance on conducting bigger and better events.
4. Represent Scholastic Book Fairs in a manner that assures our customers delight with our product, process, and services.
5. Support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
6. Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner and work on projects as identified and assigned by the Field Sales Manager.
1. Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience in merchandising, retail or district/territory sales, event management, personal selling, or customer service.
2. Proficiency with MS Office software.
3. Ability to build and grow revenue while adding value for customers.
4. Familiarization with children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
5. Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
7. Demonstrated customer orientation.
8. Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills - with peers, superiors (across functions and throughout the company) and customers.
9. Proficient in marketing and merchandising strategy and execution.
10. Professional business attire and appearance.
11. Current and valid driver's license with good driving record required.
12. Overnight travel as necessary.
13. Evening hours as needed.
14. Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs, push/pull cases up to 300 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.