Performs a variety of basic accounting, payroll and bookkeeping services for small businesses. Assists with providing advice, delivering advice products and client based products to small businesses and small business owners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of basic accounting, payroll and bookkeeping services for small businesses.
- Assists with providing advice, delivering advice products and client based products to small businesses and small business owners.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the level of service provided to small businesses and small business owners as their requirements become more complex.
- Identifies client satisfaction issues and reviews the issues on a timely basis to the Bookkeeper Supervisor for resolution.
- Identifies the schedule of charges for assigned clients and forwards the charges for processing and collection.
- Tracks and documents chargeable and non-chargeable hours accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance and assistance to other bookkeepers, as needed, to ensure the timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of six hours of college-level accounting coursework or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year experience providing accounting and payroll services.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of sales and payroll tax laws, payroll practices and applicable regulations.
- Ability to write simple journal entries and accrual entries. Ability to prepare clear, concise financial records and reports.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize financial data and to assimilate into a useful format
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and detail-oriented abilities to meet established work output timelines. Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Possess a passion to work with small business owners.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective client and employee relationships
- Ability to work under pressure; possesses the stamina to meet the time deadlines inherent in the tax and accounting profession.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong command and use of the English language and other languages required in the assigned geographic area
- Certified in Quickbooks
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Creative Solutions Accounting, Quick Books Pro, Peachtree, Great Plains, etc.