At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Responsible for on-site oversight of a PCG branch with four or more registered associates within a complex. Supports the Market/Complex Manager, as the on-site supervisor at the branch, providing oversight of compliance and ensuring that regulatory requirements are met. May also act as the Administration Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day administrative functioning of the branch office (e.g., invoices, budgets, and Profit & Loss statements) under the direction of the Market/Complex Manager. May also have responsibility for the supervision of Client Associates and other support associates, as determined by the Market/Complex Manager. In addition, serves as a Financial Advisor for personal clients, providing financial advice consistent with the clients goals and risk tolerance. Works to increase personal production by prospecting for new clients and working to increase and retain existing client assets. Meets with clients to collect financial information, assess investment profile and evaluate client s financial needs. Advises clients regarding advantages and disadvantages of different financial products and determines which financial products are suitable for client needs and financial circumstances. Works to increase and retain existing client assets and meet potential new clients.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of financial services experience
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7, 9/10, and 63 exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Leadership and management skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to generate revenue and actively participate in the successful completion of complex transactions
- Ability to generate successful business development relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business of $300k or more
- FINRA registration including Series 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition to state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Wells Fargo will initiate financial and criminal background review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.