The Home Center Specialist is responsible for all aspects of merchandising, selling and customer education in the assigned territory, including maximizing customer sales and controlling expenses at Retail Home Centers. This is a 25 hour a week position.
- 1-3 Years of Experience in Retail Hardware industry
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate to large groups if necessary
- Ability to work independently
- Computer & Internet Access - PC Compatible - Obtains in store instructions via website and reports via web reporting system
- Reliable Transportation
- Merchandising and Sales experience
- Travel required
- Provide sales support in the assigned territory/locations.
- Develop strong relationships with store personnel, District and Regional management.
- Provide instore education, demonstration of products
- Analyze sales data to develop action plans for underperforming doors in territory.
- In-store Merchandising
- Replenishes stock and merchandise by client specifications
- Enhance Store Presentations
- Submit Market Intelligence via online reporting system
- Competition Customer’s needs
- Visual/fixture presentation
- Voids in assortments/stock needs
- Digital photos
- Reports work on time via web reporting system
- Communicates effectively and frequently with District Manager and Team Leader
- Develops strong relationships with in-store personnel and management
- Educates in-store personnel and staff about client products (seminars – formal / informal)
- Sells client products to customers while in store
- Independently implements out of the box strategies to effect business
- Manages area as a small business and demonstrates ownership, accountability
- Manages effectively in-store hours, administrative time and drive time
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% - 100% of the time
- Must be able to frequently prepare merchandise to be displayed
- Must be able to frequently traverse distances up to 100 yards to access merchandise in stock rooms
- Must be able to frequently move merchandise to and from stock rooms weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to frequently position self to place stacks of Product weighing at least 25 lbs to and from floor, cart, table or shelving.
- Must be able to frequently ascend/descend stairs/ladders
- Must be able to frequently move carts weighing up to 300lbs.