At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work. This position is responsible for writing all corporate content. This individual will be responsible for all internal and external communications, writing video scripts, and managing communications for the intranet and external corporate website.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
3+ years of experience in communications, journalism or marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Communications, Journalism or English
- Agency or internal communications department experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills for print and digital platforms
- Superior writing and storytelling skills and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience in utilization of new online tools and technologies
- Strong social media acumen, ability to think beyond traditional PR strategies and tactics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word (create, save, and send documents), Excel (create, save and send documents), Outlook (email and calendar management), and PowerPoint (create and edit presentation slides)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and scheduling tools / programs
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: writing, print media, digital media, video scripts, internal communications, external communications, marketing, branding, journalist