Oversee crew in the performance of bridge maintenance and repairs on concrete, steel and timber structures. Responsible for assisting in oversight of safety, quality and all repair activities surrounding the assigned project. Responsibilities include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directs and manages the day-to day activities of the crew in conjunction with guidance from assigned supervisor.
- Interfaces with others to ensure efficient and organized operations of the railroad along with the maintenance of the structure.
- Enforces compliance with safety procedures; use of PPE and keeping required records.
- Monitors and closely controls all maintenance and other related costs associated with structure work.
- Assists to ensure department meets its capital projects service goals.
- Manage equipment operations in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform equipment safety and maintenance checks.
- Assist in maintaining DOT compliance on regulated equipment.
- Report any and all defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Conduct and participate in job briefings and understand daily production goals.
- Fill out and maintain required regulatory forms.
- Promote a safe and drug free working environment.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in timber, steel, and concrete construction and repairs.
- Poses the ability to work at great heights.
- Understand and carry out oral and written communication both general and technical.
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment in varying working and weather conditions.
- Field position with extensive travel required, work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, and overtime.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1 - 3 years related work experience.
- Experience with heavy hand tools; previous work experience outdoors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States