The purpose of this job is to manage the external distribution agents (EDC) who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UnitedHealth Group) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries. The EDC agent manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales / membership growth targets through EDC’s in his / her territory / territories. EDC agents are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who contract and certify with UnitedHealth Group to sell this portfolio of products.
Continually build, train and support the EDC agents in the local market to meet assigned sales and membership growth targets
- Conduct ongoing agent engagement activities in the local market to educate agents on the United Healthcare products, compliance, resources and both brand and value proposition messages
- Partner with various segments of the organization to develop and execute an agent training strategy at a local level.
- Build and strengthen relationships with agents in the market and within the organization to achieve targets and market stability including coaching and developing and conducting ride alongs
- Provide agent support at a local level to assist agents in finding marketing opportunities to build their book of business with United HealthCare
- Use analytics to make informed, data-driven decisions to maximize sales results and relationships internally and externally
- Monitor sales results, trends and dynamics in the marketplace
- Assist when appropriate with SGA and FMOs recruiting efforts
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years Medicare and/or Medicaid sales experience
- 1 year of people management experience
- 1 year of presentation and/or training skills
- Intermediate level MS Office experience
- Current insurance sales license
- Proven sales record
- Experience in managing relationships
- Good time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.