The Polar Express Buffet Server is responsible for providing expedient, efficient and courteous service to dining room patrons in taking and delivering of food and beverage orders while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide prompt, attentive and courteous service to dining room guests at all times in accordance with unit policies on guest service.
- Accurately take, fill, deliver and charge guest orders for food and beverage using the Aloha POS system.
- Is knowledgeable of all menu items including daily food specials, portions, preparation, ingredients and presentation of menu items.
- Is knowledgeable of wine, beer and liquor.
- Comply with all GCR. Food & Beverage Standards.
- Comply with all State of Arizona alcohol serving laws & GCR policies.
- Comply with all company policies regarding tip reporting.
- Perform all opening and closing side duties as assigned per shift requirement.
- Responsible for maintaining proper sanitation of the dining room and side station areas while adhering to Serv-Safe food sanitation program.
- Communicate with Service Manager and Kitchen Manager on out of stock items or guest food issues.
- Effectively and professionally handles guest complaints politely and in a timely fashion involving the Management Team when necessary.
- Communicate with team members for additional service with any tables in assigned section.
- Attend all required training seminars/classes as assigned by the Management Team.
- Stringently comply with all company appearance and hygiene standards.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies in performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous front of the house experience as a Server, Cashier, Host, or Expeditor capacity.
- Knowledge of Serv-Safe food sanitation program.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.