No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
At First Transit, Bus Drivers are the foundation of our business. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love. First Transit operates Pace Paratransit, the premier “demand-response” transit provider for the Chicago area. Pace Paratransit vehicles make only pre-arranged trips for riders who are eligible for the service, quickly moving people from one place to another safely and efficiently.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- New Increased Wages ($13.50 for Non-CDL Drivers/ $14.00 for CDL Drivers)
- Interested in obtaining your CDL? We offer Paid CDL Training
- Up to $1000 Sign-On Bonus for eligible new drivers (*Conditions Apply)
- Career advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
Bus Driver major responsibilities
- Drive one of several different transit vans or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule performing stops at designated points
- Assist in the boarding and deboarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Collect fares and turn into dispatch at end of shift
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Utilize touch screen GPS and trip monitor
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Illinois or Indiana driver’s license
- Must have at least 5 years driving experience (must have a valid license consecutively for past 5 years, not including permit or provisional license)
- Applicants must bring to their interview a court purpose Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) that is no more than 30 days old
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL-Class C with Passenger Endorsement.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check, DOT physical, and drug screen
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 615 West 41st Street, Chicago, IL 60609!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, Paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.