No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
First Transit is now hiring Paratransit Drivers for University of Chapman! If you are looking to start a career where you get to do something worthwhile, help lots of interesting people, and feel like you’re part of a great big family, join us today.
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including:
- Career advancement
- $1000 sign-on bonus (Conditions apply)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans, and paid holidays and vacations
- Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- CDL B with Passenger endorsement
- 3 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Paratransit Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.