No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Now Hiring Bus Drivers - Full Time Positions!
NEW $2000 Sign-on Bonus for CDL C/P drivers!
First Transit operates vehicles for New Jersey Transit! Join our team and help your community!
To set up an interview call Tremaine at 732-316-1700 ext. 233
We're expanding our operations - now seeking CDL & non-CDL drivers!! Come join the First Transit team and be a part of something great!
If you are looking to start a career where you get to do something worthwhile, help lots of interesting people, and feel like you’re part of a great big family, join the First Transit team as a Paratransit Driver. We operate vehicles for New Jersey Transit, providing exceptional service to members of our local community. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
We drive paratransit cut-a-way mini buses and sedans!
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including:
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!* (conditions apply)
- Competitive wages - earn up to $16/hour as a CDL driver!
- FULL TIME Positions!
- Career advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans, and paid holidays and vacations
- Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Bus Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
CDL with Passenger Endorsement (or CDL with N1 or N2 restriction) highly preferred
- Must be willing to obtain CDL within 1 year of hire
- 5 years of verifiable driving experience (personal or professional)
- Excellent communication skills
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Paratransit Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive paratransit vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Join Our Team - Apply today online, or in person at: #2 Gowin Street Sayreville, NJ 08872!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.