First Transit Bus Driver- Milwaukee Service Area
No CDL Required
First Transit offers our non-CDL drivers full time year round routes, benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, regular wage increases, job security, and opportunities for advancement. Our Para Transit drivers are the foundation of our business, and provide a valued service to the Milwaukee community. First Transit’s professional drivers provide safe, reliable, courteous, and efficient transportation. Our commitment to putting customers first, our dedication to safety, and our ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment that will let you succeed and advance.
Additionally, we are proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- $500 Sign-On Bonus* (conditions apply)
- Fun and supportive work environment
As a Bus Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive a small bus or van in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Locate and drive to designated stop points throughout the Milwaukee Service area
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Ensure that fares are accounted for properly and reconciled each day
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.