Bus Driver - Part Time
CDL B with Passenger & Airbrake endorsements required!
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to university students each day. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
The University Shuttle Driver is responsible for conducting shuttle service from off-campus housing to downtown Binghamton. We are hiring for shifts Thursday-Saturday, 9pm - 2am, with the possibility of working partial day shifts providing transportation to campus.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages starting at $17/hr!
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Cutting-edge training
Shuttle Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid CDL Class B with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements
- Driving experience preferred
- All candidates subject to pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
Shuttle Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.