No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
First Transit- Bus Driver
Non-CDL and CDL Positions Available
At First Transit, drivers are the foundation of our business. Our most successful drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. They make providing first-class customer service their top priority. In this position, you will be trained to drive a lift van. You will provide safe and timely transportation for all passengers. It will be your responsibility to ensure each passenger is wearing a seat belt, ensure all passengers in wheelchairs are properly secure once on board the vehicle, and ensure each passenger arrives safely through the door of their destination. Our drivers value the ability to provide each passenger with the freedom of mobility. Because of this, our drivers treat each passenger as if they are family. First Transit is a global company with a small-town feel. Our universal commitment to putting customers first, our dedication to safety, and our ambition to deliver the best makes us a leader in transportation. We are looking for the best of the best to join our team.
At First Transit, we appreciate our employees’ hard work. That’s why we are proud to offer:
- Starting pay between $10.50-13.50/hour based on vehicle
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Full benefits, paid holidays, vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan
As a Bus Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive either a lift van or sedan in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers (driver must ensure each passenger makes it safely through the door of their destination)
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (personal or commercial)
- Excellent communication skills (drivers must be able to communicate in a positive and respectful manner with each passenger)
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 2439 West Pike Street, Houston, PA 15342!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.