No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Join the First Transit team as a Fixed Route Driver for our RPTA contract! No experience is necessary. We will train you to get a CDL! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- Training rate is $13.00/hr
- Training is 4-6 weeks, up to 30 hours per week
- Starting pay after training is $13.77, after 6 months $14.87
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with P Endorsement
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 2050 West Rio Salado Parkway Tempe, AZ 85281!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.