Bus Service Employee - Fueler/ Cleaner
The Service Employee maintains and fuels all Pasadena Transit and DAR buses.
Candidates must obtain permit for CDL B - We train for license!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages starting at $12/hour!
- Full time schedule
- Union shop
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- A great work environment!
Bus Maintenance Service Employee major responsibilities:
- Follows all safety standards and guidelines, including but not limited to: (1) The wearing of Safety Glasses, (2) The wearing of steel-toed safety shoes, (3) Safety gloves as needed, (4) Proper attire
- Drives to city yard to fuel vehicles. During the fueling process, performs cleaning tasks
- Checks and fills bus fluids and belts on buses being fueled. Ensures that adequate supplies are maintained at the fuel island. Communicates with the shop regarding supplies and oil inventory
- Maintains accurate records and completes daily cleaning, fuel and mileage log
- Inspects buses for physical damage
- In the event of a fuel spill, takes steps to contain spill
- Performs light interior and exterior maintenance on buses as required. This includes but is not limited to replacing graffiti film, installation and removal of banners. Spot cleaning of scuff marks
- Cleans interiors and exteriors of buses as required to maintain cleanliness of the fleet
- Performs maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Picks up and delivers parts and buses as needed
- Close the gates to the lot and checks bus parking to ensure all can be dispatched in a timely manner. Re-positions any buses that may impede the traffic in the yard
- Maintains the appropriate credentials to drive buses
- Performs all other duties assigned
Bus Maintenance Service Employee Requirements:
- Valid driver's license; Must be willing to obtain CDL B
- Previous fleet cleaning, detailing, and fueling experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work outside in varying seasonal weather conditions
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.