No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Join the First Transit team as a Transit Operator for our Antioch contract for Tri Delta Transit! No experience is necessary. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- $2000 sign on bonus (Restrictions apply)
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Company pays 80% of single coverage medical coverage
- Company pays 75% of family medical coverage
- Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL B Operator’s License with Passenger Endorsement and V.T.T Certificate
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (In a personal vehicle)
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 801 Wilbur Avenue Antioch, CA 94509!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.