When your work is as critical as ours, there's nothing left to chance. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Business Analysis Consultant, you'll be empowered to support short- and long-term operational / strategic business activities and develop, enhance and maintain operational information and models that will have an impact on business decisions. In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to take the contributions of analysts and create valuable solutions to improve the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Join us to be part of an engagement team responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
- Experience driving project discovery sessions and capturing requirements
- Ability to manage project timelines and be the client facing point of contact
- Gather requirements from multiple stakeholders; identify and understand business needs; write Business Requirements documents and other business artifacts
- Develop reports on analysis, provide recommendations and makes formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels
- Write user stories; facilitate meetings; work with system architects and developers; use agile development method; participate in sprint planning
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serve as a leader / mentor
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking, and / or evaluation of business processes
- Experience / working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Experience / knowledge of SAS; SQL; BI tools
- Health Care Industry experience
- Experience / solid understanding of Agile project implementation and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with documentation of standard industry artifacts
- Experience with Galaxy, UDW, or similar UHG databases or membership/claims systems
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Time and project management skills
- Problem solving
- Organizational and analytical skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum; UnitedHealth Group; Business Analysis Consultant: Minnetonka, MN; Rocky Hill, CT; SAS; SQL; BI; health care; Agile; SDLC; relational database